Selig - celebration of friendship

Last year, I did not know what special about Selig was. What I knew was, I went there (-or better say... tried to dine there) in 2017, three times with couple of my friends but Selig was full booked in all of those times. At my fourth trial last year I found out that Selig just closed down.

Yesterday couple of friends, my boyfriend and me had an intention to go out for dinner. As I heard that Selig has reopened their restaurant in another location, I suggested to my friend to go there and they agreed. So we decided to meet there, 5pm on the spot.

It was raining as we arrived, so we quickly got in and just wanted to eat something warm. As I entered, I was so surprised of their decoration. They have asian styled wooden chairs and tables in three colours: black, light brown and dark brown. What I like most is that they use Chinese lantern as light source, just a perfect fits to their wooden ceiling.

The Interior

They have big menus, all of them are written in chinese with a little bit explanation in German. The good thing is, they also have the pictures of the food so if you are too lazy too read, you can just see or point the picture to the lady and they will bring you the food like in the picture.

Smoked Pork Belly

The first food that we ordered was smoked pork belly. This is how they serve their pork belly, thinly slice, every piece considered. The smoked pork belly was sauté-ed in chilli oil together with mushroom, pepperoni and spring onion. The whole was great and the mushroom were crunchy that is so interesting.

 Tofu with Minced Pork

I admit that I can't read chinese, so we just pointed the picture as we ordered the second dish. But as I tasted it, the taste is so similar with "mapo tofu". The tofu were so firm, minced pork was good, especially if they are combined together with the sauce and chilli.

 Beef "Goulasch"

The third dish that we got is a kind of chinese beef "goulasch". They stewed it in a mini wok on a fire pot until it soft. The meat was sooo tender. Those carrots are sweet and firm. What I like the most from this dish? The sauce! They add pepperoni that crisps and szechuan pepper that makes the sauce so pleasantly pungent and spicy. Just love it!

 Fried Duck

The fried duck was one of my bae's lovable dish last night. The duck's skin was crispy but it was so tender inside. This dish has variety of color, texture and taste in it. The onion crisps, also the paprika was crunchy, sweet and so fresh. Mushroom was soft, spring onion was fresh and the sesame seeds add pleasant nutty flavor on it.

 Shrimp-Satay with sweet and sour souce

The last but not least, their shrimp satay. It happened to be our favourite food last night. They covered the shrimps with thin dough on them and fried them. They serve the satay with onion, paprika, and spring onion with sweet and sour sauce prepared on a hot plate. Sounds great? Well it tastes delicious too!

What I learned last night, we got rice as a complementary as we ordered food. What dissapointed me that night was... some of their drinks were already out of stock eventhough we were there at 5 pm (it is not even "normal" dinner time). But no worry, as I ate their shrimp-satay, my wounds got healed :D since it was great.

Savvy loves... Shrimp Satay with sweet and sour sauce

Savvy tip... they have business lunch from 12-3pm so you can get most of their food with a LOT of cheaper price (6,8 Euro instead of 14-16 Euro) so give it a try!

Last night, we ate slowly and had super nice conversation. It makes me realize that eating together is a celebration of friendship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment