Burgermeister Berlin - The Master of Burger in Berlin

On a cloudy Saturday noon in Kreuzberger neighborhood of Berlin, Germany, I was already in queue. Eventhough it was cloudy, it was a happy day to have a mission : having  the most famous hamburger in Berlin as lunch, and everyone's there for the thing served here : Meisterburger. 

Kreuzberg is the best known area of Berlin, located in south of the centre of Berlin. It is also known as home to many immigrants, since it has very large percentage of immigrants. The first time I step my feet there, I have realized that lots of people there talked any other language beside german. Most of them talked english, turkish, korean, and any other languages I didn't recognize. I could feel the plurality and diversity there.

It was my first time going to Burgermeister, but it was so easy to find though. If you`re in U-Bahn Station Schlesisches Tor, just go down the street and you will see a small green stall with lots of people lining in front of it. The stall is looked like a public toilet (well, it used to be). But it is not the point, the point is the good damn burger!

How to order?

To order my burger, I had to wait like 20 minutes in line. After I ordered, I got a small paper that show the number of my order. And the number will appear on the screen as soon as my order was ready. While waiting, I overheard a boy in front of me talked to the girl  next to him said, "we're lucky because normally we have to wait more than 30 minutes to order". Wow! This made me so curious about the taste of the burger and I knew it won't go wrong.

What to Order?

Chili-Cheese Fries

I got myself the famous Meisterburger and one Chili-Cheese Fries. The french fries was the glorious bomb, classic street snack of the world, consisting of crunchy-outside-soft-inside fries (of course!) with jalapenos and minched beef, topped with a bounty of melted cheese. The cheese was so creamy and strong combined with the minched beef and jalapenos. So yummy!





Meisterburger

The Meisterburger was a literal hot mess, another glorious bomb! Consisting of soft buns pilled with thinly sliced crispy bacon, crispy fresh lettuce, slightly grilled onion and tomato, sweet soury pickle, sauced with the barbeque sauce and a small amount of mayonaise. The flavour of the patty :  overwhelmingly juicy and tasty!

Savvy loves... All of them, both Chili-Cheese Fries and Meisterburger!

Savvy tip is : preferable for lunch (since you have to wait longer for dinner and midnight after party especially at weekends). 

Bite into it and you will think about getting back in line for seconds. Bon appetit!






0 comments:

Post a Comment