Sweet Slurp of Japan - Udon Kobo Ishin

This is how Pokemon Go helped me find my favorite lunch.

It's late July in Berlin, the height of summer, just a lazy Saturday when someone asked me to accompany him catching pokemon. Yes, everyone is now crazy for those Pocket Monsters! Realized there's nothing to do, I agreed to go with him. We went to the S-Bahnhof Hackescher Markt, just hung around in a place where we could chill and charge his smartphone's battery there while playing pokemon go - and plus, there are three poke-stops near to each other there. So I just chilled there while he's playing. After an hour, we realized that we hadn't even had lunch.

What to order?


Katsune Udon

Soon we were eating japanese dishes from Udon Kobo Ishin. I got Kitsune Udon, home made Udon (big japanese noodle) with clear broth, juicy and thick atsuage (deep fried) tofu, onion, tasty brown mushroom, and imitation of crab meat. The udon is so toothy (not too chewy and not too soft). Definetely my favorite! Best udon that I've tried in Berlin. And the size is BIIIG. They served it in a big bowl bigger than my head. :D


Sanma Ceyro

Another dish that we ordered was Sanma Ceyro They A grilled mackerel (seasoned with soy sauce), served with steamed rice, edamame beans, pickle, one slice of lotus, and one steamed scrumbled egg. The combination was bracing! The sweet salty and fishy fresh grilled mackerel, neutral lotus, salty edamame beans, fruity astringent pickle and steamed egg charged with sweetness. How they serve them in a bamboo is what I think the cutest.





Savvy loves... Katsune Udon!

Savvy tip : also try their side dishes, There is great daily menu during the lunch time offers several combination. And plus, we got warm green tea as a complimentary.

It is the Japanese in one slurp and people there would love Japan for that. Bon appetit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment