The Language of Coffee

I was standing in a church at Prenzlauer Berg area on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Schönhauser Allee is one famous street in Prenzlauer Berg area in Berlin. It has lots of cafes, restaurants, name it and you'll find it there.

I had an appointment with a friend of mine who'd been coming to Germany to pursue  his study in chemical engineering. We have skipped our morning coffee so we decided to chit chat over coffee since it has been so long since we last met, and also we both love coffee. We arrived in U bahn Rosenthaler Platz and walked to The Barn Coffee Roastery.

Why go?

As we came in to the roastery, we found all kinds of coffee there. We were so indecisive in choosing our coffee. Don't get me wrong, it's not because nothing's interesting there. But because all of the coffee and their descriptions appeared in the menu sounds promising. Lucky for us, the barista was ready there to assist us. We described our coffee that we want to have that day, and less than a minute he already came up with suggestion for us. He explained about the coffee expertly. (I have no doubt in that!) Then we decided to have Ninho Da Aguia and an espresso shake. As we waited for our coffee, we sat down and took in the ambience of the roastery. It was pretty quiet as a cafe.


Coffees of the day

Though I have drunk espresso many times before (almost every day), the first impression of its icy exterior and taste are unexpected as it was my first time I sipped one. First flavor came in mouth was pleasant acid, followed by fruity taste and closed by smoky aftertaste. Just perfect! The Ninho Da Aguia was just as satisfying as the iced espresso. It has smooth and luscious impression in my mouth. It is also fruity but not as sour as the espresso.

Savvy tips... when enjoying is associated with learning to you, the barn roastery offers lots of workshops from manual brewing to masterclass. Even tailor made course!

As I tried both coffee, I know why the ambience was so quiet. Everyone there, including me and my friend, was so stunned by the taste of the coffee. So we just wanted to enjoy our coffee without bothering anything or anyone.

But as we leave the roastery and step out into the windy-warm air of berlin, I realized that I didn't talk or chit chat much with my friend (even though it was actually our first mission). Okay, but I know we were so convinced and I comprehended that it was the language of coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment