Better Day

Today I got the privillege to stay at home instead of working. Berlin doesn't share its warmth today. It's raining and cloudy all day long. I was sick but I had arranged an appointment to see an appartment so I did have to go out from the warm blanket. But unfortunately it didn't work out also with the appartment. Dissapointing with the result, I took a walk in Tauentzient street.

After awhile, I started to feel hungry and thought about food a lot. Afraid that I choose the wrong food to eat, I decided to go to the nearest imbiss in Charlottenburg (Kantstr.) called Ampai. I love to eat, but trust me, it takes more pleasure in eating asian food especially thai food.

Why go? 

In Ampai, the food options are simple but delighting. We ordered pad thai with shrimp, larb nam tok and guay cap (I know I don't eat innards, but we just wanna give it a try). After waiting for around 15 minutes, the food came and for the next 5 minutes we enjoyed our food and talked about the taste of the food. My shrimp pad thai was served up with lime and nuts on the side so you can assemble it as you like. The taste was good, I must admit that it is the tipe of sweet pad thai instead of sour-salty-sweet pad thai. So I added more fish sauce and of course chili. The texture of the noodle was soft make it feels good in my mouth. My mood was softly stabilized.

 Pad Thai

Lard Nam Tok

Larb nam tok is one of my favorite food. It is a salad ala thai. Don`t be confused if you order salad in thai restaurant, because in their salad is more "meat" instead of vegetables. I find it so unique and tempting. Our larb nam tok was served up with roasted rice powder and mint leaves on it. The sauce was made from the mixture of lime juice, fish sauce and chili. SO FRESH! I love it. I was about to give up my pad thai after I tried it.

 Guay Cap

As you may know, I don't eat innards. But in contrast, we did order Guay Cap, noodle soup with innards combined with vegetables and egg. There was a little sense of discovery for me as I tasted the dish. It was a bit fatty but still comfortable in mouth. That was a delight end to what was happened today.


Savvy loves... pad thai!

Savvy tips... Try their fishcake!

For this raining and cloudy day in Berlin, I think it is the answer of the question : what do you do to make your day better?

0 comments:

Post a Comment