Sushi - Verges on Addiction

"Let's have some sushi", said Bae as we did our weekly shopping. We usually cook every day, but not today. We both are taking our days off today and decided to finish some things, like getting the balcony door repaired, doing our weekly grocery shopping etc. After finishing the to do list, we just want to lay back and enjoy the rest of the day. So we decided to just eat near the appartment.

Thirty minute later, we sit already in a small restaurant called TTP Sushi in Olivaerplatz, Berlin. Looking down at the menu card, I marvel the broad choices of food they offer. They have all kind of sushi, sashimi, don and even udon! We admit we were afraid that we take a wrong choice.

For this dinner, I made my choice for suzuki sushi. It is a avocado-cheese rolled sushi with unagi and special sauce on top. Bae decided to take a sushi menu which has maki, inside out, nigiri and fried roll sushi in it. So these sushi will be our first trial of our dinner today.

Me Enjoying Miso Soup and Green Tea

As we waited for our sushi, they give us one miso soup and one green tea as a complimentary for order one sushi menu. I ended up eating the soup and drinking the tea because bae refused to eat/drink it as he ordered one glass of beer. Lucky me! The miso is nice, not too salty like instant miso in other restaurant. I think the miso was freshly made and also the tea. I hint some green tea leaves in my cup, it was nice thou!

 Our Sushi Platter

By the time bae and I finish our sushi,it is a generous portion for menu. The rice was nice, seasoned with smooth rice vinegar. The fish are fresh. I am the fan of their suzuki! They torch the eel that is already marinated with sweet sauce, making a caramel layer on it.

Though we are almost full, we are all excited and ready to try their udon. Having curiousity in tasting their udon, we ordered once more. This time for their udon.

 Beef Udon


Ebi Tempura Udon

Moments later we enjoy our udon. It was my bae's first udon. And he admit that it was good. The beef is grilled and the broth is so tasteful and the udon is toothy and not  chewy. I must say that the beef udon was good even though its not original japan, more of modern cooking or fusion between vietnam and japan. My ebi tempura udon was well but maybe it is just not my taste.

Savvy loves... Suzuki!

Savvy tips... Try their beef udon! It's so interesting.

Sushi does have a way of satisfying our cravings, maybe that verges on addiction.

I would suggest that you make a reservation before you come there. Since it is located in olivaer platz that is famoust as tourist attraction area, it can be crowded everytime and anytime.



1 comment:

  1. Hy Vitri, How are you, Iam Chandra from Indonesian,your friends on Junior Scholl Tarakanita, Do you remember me?

    ReplyDelete