(non) Religious Lunch in Heaven

When you think of Italian food, there are something you can't ignore : stone oven pizza. And here I am, one glass of cold mineral water in hand, in a beautifully painted restaurant  on a rainy Wednesday. This Italian restaurant, zwölf Apostels (meaning 12 apostles in English) has not been an insider tips anymore. Everyone in Berlin has known about this beautiful restaurant near S-Bahn Station Savignyplatz. When you enter the restaurant, you'll feel like being in the 18th century.

What to order?
The menus are pretty large to choose, they are also available in English. They named most of the pizza with the 12 apostles name. My lunch began with Jakobus Pizza. Even though Jacobs isn't an apostle, it was on the menu. And yes, it was my choice!




Jakobus Pizza

Jakobus Pizza has an amazing combination of salty bresaola (Italian air dried beef), tasty Gorgonzola, followed by the sweet taste of the pear! I must say, the portion of the pizza is generous and they also served us plain bread.

Salmon Steak

The salmon steak was in form of sauteed salmon fillet served with basmati rice, creamy garlic sauce, and balsamic. It was garnished with cherry tomato and Rosemary. They also gave me a small side of fresh cucumber salad.

Savvy loves... Jakobus Pizza, the sweet and salty pizza. I can even still remember the taste in my mouth as I write this.

Savvy tip is also try their seasonal menus. They change them each month.

I know now, where the "twelve apostles" come into play because I don't recall having any religious experience while lunching here. But their painting made me like having lunch in heaven. Bon Appetit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment