Small Taste of Japan in Berlin - Takumi NINE

Since I have moved to Darmstadt last October because of my internship, and since I have lived in and pretty much like the Hessen area, you'd think I'd forget Berlin. But I am not. After one month living in Darmstadt, I had a chance to spend a weekend in Berlin.

My friends say that what always reminds them of me is my habit of trying new restaurants, and they often have me worrying that I will get wrong menu, and getting the food that won't fit in my taste. But it does go well. Not always, but most of the time. Perhaps it's the magic in Berlin that makes me feeling that everything is going to be okay. That time we decided to go to japanese ramen restaurant where we can get warm ramen soup to warm our stomach. It was minus 6 degree celcius when I was there! 

We went to Pappelallee 19 in Prenzlauer Allee and decided to eat in Takumi NINE. A Japanese Ramen House for their popular Ramen dish. You can't book a table here, and we waited for 30 minutes to be seated. Yes, you read it right. 30 minutes!
The restaurant decoration is pretty simple. It has clean white wall with japanese-written wood shields. Their wooden chairs and tables are simple. I love the corner where we can seat ala japan.

What to order?
The menus are pretty small, simple to choose. We got Takoyaki as an appetizer. It is so soft, and tasty. I think they add extra spices in the batter. The diced octopus inside the takoyaki was also chewy. The combination is just perfect!

Another dishes that we got are Sapporo Miso Ramen, Nan Ban, and a small dishes of chicken that I forget the name of. The ramen both in the Sapporo Miso Ramen and Nan Ban is so toothy (not too chewy and not too soft) with warm different types of broth. Sapporo miso ramen uses miso soup and red soup for  Nan Ban. The chicken that I got (in each dishes) are tender, juicy, and tasty.


Takoyaki and Chicken Dish

Sapporo Miso Ramen

Nan Ban Tan-Men

Savvy loves... Everything!

Savvy tip is also try their side dishes, especially takoyaki and gyoza.

It is a taste of Japanese in Berlin and I would love to go to Düsseldorf (they have a restaurant in Düssi and two restaurants in Berlin) and Berlin for that. Bon appetit!

PS: Pardon the poor quality of the images. I forgot to bring my camera so I took them with phone

0 comments:

Post a Comment