The Little Treats No One Can Resist

One thing get me out of bed that Saturday : the imagination of my one fine evening making the sweet thing originally from French in Makrönchen Manufaktur. Macaron! Eventhough it was raining all day long, I was still motivated for that little treat.

What impressed me the first as I walk in the room : Makrönchen Manufaktur is vintage-decorated and cute! The course was held in the kitchen of Makrönchen Manufaktur in Schöneberg, Berlin. It is quite small but has the feel of professional kitchen with stainless-steel workplace, big oven, and two sinks.



Vintage Decoration of Makrönchen Manufaktur

In the soul of full disclosure, I have to tell you that I didn't pay for this course. Nescafe Dolce Gusto (my favourite coffee) invited me and another six persons to join this course. We've been lucky enough to be able to join this course for free. I attended the three hours course to get a flavour of macaron making.

I was greeted warmly by Laura, the owner of the Makrönchen Manufaktur and our teacher for the day, and sat down to a homemade macarons with my coursemates before starting our course. We introduced ourselves while drinking and enjoying macarons.

Our Handout for the Night

In the course, the focus was on making macaron from scratch. We started the course by learning how to prepare the batter. Laura is a great teacher. Her demonstration was understandable, she always ready to help, didn't mind if we ask question anytime and she answered expertly (making it sticks in my head). She also shared her tips for choosing and buying the ingredients. The ingredients were ready-weighed. I must say that their quality were outstanding.

Our Ready-to-Fill Macaron

Laura taught us tricky techniques such as mixing-and-stirring the batter and macaron-forming skill. Se even made us a handout! We mastered all the step in macaron-making followed by macaron-filling making after leaving our macaron in the oven. We then filled our macaron with fillings that we love, giving us space to be creative and proactive.



Exterior and Interior of Makrönchen Manufaktur

Me (left) and Our Teacher Laura (right)


The whole evening was full-on, packed and infused with Laura's expertise and experience stories and lessons. I also love the knowledge  that I gained that day. It was my first time making my own macaron. Experience is not necessary to join this course. As a newbie in macaron maker, I found it was inspiring and left me feeling confident about re-do the technique by myself. I couldn't wait to make macarons for my friends and family!

Thank you Nescafe Dolce Gusto and Makrönchen Manufaktur!



0 comments:

Post a Comment